Psychologist - Port Macquarie
Early Connections Alliance is seeking a psychologist specialising in working with children 0-12 years of age. We are highly regarded for our psychology, speech pathology, occupational therapy, physiotherapy, social skills groups, school readiness programs and school consultation services. We work with the child and their family to develop skills to support them to succeed socially, emotionally and behaviourally.
Part or Full Time Position
Early Connections Port Macquarie Hastings is seeking a highly motivated psychologist to join our skilled and transdisciplinary team.
If you are looking for flexibility and a supportive workplace with a diverse range of work opportunities, then this role is for you. This position can be either full time or part time.
Early Connections Alliance is a network of not for profit organisations working together to create a strong and connected Early Childhood Intervention Network on the Mid North Coast. All locations are Registered NDIS Providers working with a diverse range of children with a variety of needs and diagnoses. Early Connections has extensive relationships within the community. Early Connections builds the capacity of the child and family in natural, inclusive settings.
Why work for us:
- Diverse range of clients with a variety of needs and diagnosis.
- Highly experienced team of Early Intervention Specialist Teachers, Speech Pathologists, Physiotherapists and Occupational Therapists.
- Be a part of the Early Connections Alliance from Taree to Coffs Harbour and benefit from the knowledge and experience of a vast allied health and education team.
- Work alongside our experienced senior therapists and teachers who can provide support within the NDIS framework where needed.
- Access to professional development opportunities
- Flexible, family-friendly work arrangements
- Salary packaging
- A relaxed coastal lifestyle in Port Macquarie, Mid North Coast, NSW
About the role:
- Provide assessments, interventions and therapy to children 0-12 years with a diverse range of disabilities
- Opportunity to work within a transdisciplinary model and to provide consultation to Speech Pathologists, Physiotherapist, Occupational Therapists and Early Childhood Educators and families.
- Educational sessions for parents, teachers, preschool staff etc.
- Working between four centres in Port Macquarie, Wauchope and Lake Cathie.
- Using state of the art technology including the Echidna CRM (client record management) system and ipads.
The successful candidate will have:
- Ability to positively engage with children, adolescents and families
- Relevant tertiary qualifications
- Full registration as a Psychologist with AHPRA
- Commitment to Best Practice in Early Childhood Intervention, inclusive practice, family centred approach to service delivery
- Excellent communication and documentation skills using technology effectively
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment
- A minimum 2 years' experience in disability or paediatrics (desirable)
- Ability to organise time and set priorities
- A fundamental understanding of child development
Travel is required, your own car and a current driver's license are a prerequisite for the position. A current Working with Children Check and Police Check is also required. Part-time status will be negotiated on employment and may be dependent upon the applicants level of experience.
Don’t miss the opportunity to join this highly motivated team! Please attach a current CV and Cover Letter addressing the essential criteria in the application form below. If you have any questions or would like to have a confidential discussion about the role, please contact the Nursing and Allied Health team at RDN on 02 4924 8085.