Occupational Therapist - Port Macquarie
Early Connections is seeking an Occupational Therapist at Port Macquarie Hastings. If you are looking for flexibility and a supportive workplace with a diverse range of work opportunities, then this role is for you.
Early Connections Alliance is a network of not for profit organisations working together to create a strong and connected Early Childhood Intervention Network on the Mid North Coast. All locations are Registered NDIS Providers working with a diverse range of children with a variety of needs and diagnoses. New graduates welcome to apply.
Why work for us:
- Diverse range of clients with a variety of needs and diagnosis.
- Highly experienced team of Early Intervention Specialist Teachers, Speech Pathologists, Physiotherapist, Occupational Therapists and Psychologists.
- Be a part of the Early Connections Alliance (from Taree to Coffs Harbour) and benefit from the knowledge and experience of a vast allied health and education team.
- Work alongside our experienced senior therapy and teaching staff, who can provide supervision and ongoing mentoring if needed.
- Access to professional development opportunities
- Flexible, family-friendly work arrangements
- Above award pay rates and conditions
- Salary packaging
About the role:
- Provide assessments, interventions and therapy to children 0-12yrs with a diverse range of disabilities
- Visits to the home, child care and school environments to provide an inclusive model of practice. Early Connections has extensive relationships within the community.
- Opportunity to be a Key Worker within a transdisciplinary model and to provide consultation to Physiotherapist, Speech Pathologists, Psychologists, Early Childhood Educators and families.
- Educational sessions for parents, teachers and preschool staff.
- Working between four sites in Lake Cathie, Wauchope and Port Macquarie.
- Using state of the art technology including the Echidna CRM (client record management) system and iPads.
The successful candidate will have:
- Tertiary Degree in Occupational Therapy or equivalent
- Current registration with AHPRA
- Experience providing Occupational Therapy services to children and families
- Knowledge of NDIS and Keyworker Model
- Excellent communication skills and experience working in a multidisciplinary team
- Driver’s licence as this position would require some travel between services
- NSW Working with Children and Police Checks
- A commitment to Best Practice in Early Childhood Intervention, inclusive practice, family centred approach to service delivery
- Well developed computer literacy skills
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment.
- A minimum 2 years' experience in disability or paediatrics (desirable).
- Willingness to adopt and recommend routine based therapy strategies to facilitate child development.
- Demonstrated understanding of evidence based practice
- Ability to organise time and set priorities.
While there is a work vehicle, some travel is required and your own car and a current driver's licence are a prerequisite for the position. A current Working with Children Check and Police Check is also required. Part Time status will be negotiated on employment and may be dependent on applicants level of experience.
Don’t miss the opportunity to join this highly motivated team! Please attach a current CV and Cover Letter addressing the essential criteria in the application form below. If you have any questions or would like to have a confidential discussion about the role, please contact the Nursing and Allied Health team at RDN on 02 4924 8085.