Registered Nurse, Manager, Chronic Disease - Walgett Aboriginal Medical Services
Manager, Chronic Disease
Walgett Aboriginal Medical Services
Walgett Aboriginal Medical Services are currently looking for a Registered Nurse to join their passionate and dedicated team of health professionals, as the Manager of Chronic Diseases.
Situated near the Namoi River and the Barwon River, nestled in the NSW Outback, Walgett is a small town with a rich history. With extensive agricultural lands, Walgett paints a picture of adventure mixed with small-town charm. Close by, the town of Brewarrina boasts fascinating Aboriginal heritage sites with adventure trails, and the famous stone Fish Traps. With an abundance of classic outback Australian wildlife, this is a treechange that can offer the opportunity for relaxation, revitalisation, and the chance to become a part of a close-knit and supportive community.
Walgett Aboriginal Medical Service works closely with the community to provide quality and culturally appropriate health services with support in General Practice, Chronic Disease management and other Allied Health services.
About the Role:
The purpose of this role is to provide safe, compassionate person-centred care through assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of nursing care in collaboration with individual/s and multidisciplinary health care teams to achieve quality care outcomes for patients and clients – including, but not limited to:
- Ensure Walgett Aboriginal Medical Service (WAMS) complies with its external regulatory requirements and internal policies and procedures
- Maintain the overall coordination and effective functioning of all Medicare administration processes within WAMS
- Ensure the WAMS Patient Information Management System (PIMS) “Communicare” has accurate data collection and entry for the National Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) required by the Department of Health (DOH)
- Hold and maintain full Registered Nurse qualifications, without any restrictions to practice
- Hold and maintain registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)
- Hold and maintain current First Aid and Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation Certification
- Hold and maintain a current full New South Wales Driver’s Licence, as the role includes conducting Outreach programs to communities surrounding Walgett
- Ability to communicate effectively with the general public
- Demonstrate computer literacy
- Ability to maintain an accurate confidential electronic data-base of Client’s
To assist healthcare professionals in relocating to rural communities, applicants may be eligible for a site visit and/or relocation grant via the NSW Rural Doctors Network.
NSW RDN also administers the Health Workforce Scholarship Program within NSW, offering financial support of up to $10,000 per annum to primary health professionals in allied health field located in rural and regional areas for further study, training and short courses. For more information, please visit www.nswrdn.com.au
Don’t miss the opportunity to join this highly motivated team! Please attach a current CV and Cover Letter addressing the essential criteria in the application form below. If you have any questions or would like to have a confidential discussion about the role, please contact the Nursing and Allied Health team at RDN on 02 4924 8000.