Speech Pathologist/Allied Health Assistant - North Coast & Northern Rivers
Various locations in NSW
Speech Pathologist/SP Aide/Allied Health Assistant
SPOT4YOU & SPOT4KIDS is a dynamic Paediatric and Adult Private OT/Speech Practice servicing major cities and regional centres throughout NSW.
We are currently looking to appoint qualified Speech Pathologist / SP Aide / Allied Health Assistance in the Yamba to Grafton areas to provide mobile therapeutic services to new clients and an established caseload with a full-time equivalent caseload.
The role involves working predominantly with children, with some adult and aged caseload, providing screening and assessments, individual therapy, group therapy and education. The role will suit Speech Therapists with a particular interest in working with young children with additional needs, and their families. For experienced applicants, there may also be the opportunity to gain and/or expand your supervisory and mentoring skills within the business.
Requirements for the role include:
- Experience as a Speech Therapist preferred, however new graduates are also welcome to apply (professional mentoring is available)
- Mobile servicing of existing and new clients
- Current Driver's Licence, WWCC/Blue Card, mobile phone, own car and computer essential
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent client management and time management skills
- Ability to maintain up to date and confidential client records
- High level of communication and report writing skills
This is a rare opportunity to work in a growing regional area on the beautiful NSW North Coast. Perfect locations to be based would be beautiful scenic coastal town of Yamba. Relocation and accommodation assistance possible. The successful applicant would ideally be a motivated self-starter who is looking to develop specialist skills in childhood and genetic disorders such as ASD, ADD, CP, hearing and visual impairments, learning disabilities, literacy and development delay with some diversity in adult and aged care work.
In addition to qualified therapists, we are also looking to appoint an Allied Health Assistant or Speech Pathologist Aide to service this area providing mobile therapy services to new clients and an established caseload within the same populations.
This role would suit those currently studying in the Allied Health Sciences seeking part time or casual employment. This role would give you the opportunity to kick start your career early, working with experienced therapists and potentially securing employment as a qualified therapist at the end of your studies.
Requirements for this role include:
- Certificate IV in Allied Health Assistance/relevant qualification or willingness to complete this training within two years of commencement or SP student/undergraduate
- SP with lapsed registration
- SP from overseas or previous relevant experience in allied health aide work
This is a contract role and you will have access to regular professional development. The role is flexible and you can work the days/hours that suit you. Start Date ASAP