Registered Nurse - Community Mental Health, Cowra
Community Mental Health Registered Nurse
Applications Close: 30 Jan 2019 - 11.59pm
About the opportunity
Exciting opportunity for a permanent full time Registered Nurse working within a well established, multi disciplinary Mental Health Team at Cowra. Cowra is 4 hours west of Sydney, 2 ½ Hours north of Canberra and offers a relaxed country lifestyle in a central NSW location.
What we can offer you
- Country living with a meaningful career path
- Paid leave entitlements
- Laundry and shoe allowances
- Monthly ADO’s for full time staff
- Generous salary packaging options and other fringe benefits
- Flexible work practices
- Corporate wellbeing programs, including the Fitness Passport
- Opportunities for learning and development, including in-house training with RTO My Health Learning
- Professional growth and accelerated career progression
Where you'll be working
Cowra Health Service, a part of the Western NSW Local Health District. For more information on living and working in our beautiful region, visit our website Western NSW Health Careers.
What you'll be doing
The Registered Nurse - Community Mental Health is an integral part of the multidisciplinary healthcare team providing nursing care to patients/clients of the health service; and leading, directing and supervising other nurses and care roles in the team, such as Enrolled Nurses (EN), Assistants in Nursing (AIN) and student Registered Nurses (RN), to support quality care for patients/clients.
To apply, please address the following Selection Criteria
- Current Authority to Practise as a Registered Nurse with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA).
- Demonstrated ability to practice in accordance with the Registered Nurse Standards of Practice, Code of Ethics for Nurses, and Code of Professional Conduct for Nurses (Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia).
- Demonstrated effective clinical communication through the use of information technology, written and verbal means; and sound interpersonal skills including the ability to communicate with a diverse range of people.
- An understanding of patient centred care and demonstrated ability to work effectively both independently and as part of the multi-disciplinary health care team.
- Recent Mental Health clinical experience relevant to the position and commitment to quality improvement, practice development and evidence-based practice.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, supervise, delegate, and negotiate with others to deliver quality nursing care.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively prioritise and organise workload and deliver care with integrity and accountability.
- Current licence to drive in NSW and the ability to travel regularly for work purposes.
Need more information?
- Click here for the Position Description
- Find out more about applying for this position
- For role related queries or questions contact Judith Jeffs on Judy.Jeffs@health.nsw.gov.au or (02) 6340 9050
Occupational Assessment, Screening and Vaccination Against Specified Infectious Diseases
If you are applying for a Category A position, please read and understand NSW Health Policy Directive PD2018_009. All new employees must agree to comply with the requirements outlined in this policy.
NSW Health follows a merit-based recruitment and selection process per Policy Directive PD2017_040. To be considered for this position, please ensure you address the selection criteria as thoroughly as possible. For guidance with the application process, please visit: http://bit.ly/WNSWLHDApplicationSupport.
The Stepping Up website aims to assist Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander applicants understand how to apply for roles with NSW Health by clarifying the recruitment and onboarding process. For more information, please visit: http://bit.ly/WNSWLHDSteppingUp.
Applicants holding a visa with working rights may be considered for temporary appointment (up to the expiry date of their visa) where no suitable applicant for permanent appointment is identified.
If the selection panel identifies more than one suitable candidate for the role, an eligibility list may be created from which these suitable candidates may be chosen and directly offered employment in other similar roles (permanent and temporary) in the near future.