Clinical Psychologist - Orange, NSW
About the opportunity
The role of Clinical Psychologist may primarily involve working with men with long-standing complex mental health and other co-morbid conditions. The successful applicant may also be required to work on other mental health or drug & alcohol inpatient units as negotiated.
What we can offer you
- Country living with a meaningful career path
- Paid leave entitlements
- Generous salary packaging options and other fringe benefits
- Flexible work practices
- Corporate wellbeing programs, including the Fitness Passport
- Opportunities for learning and development, including in-house training with RTO My Health Learning
- Professional growth and accelerated career progression
Where you'll be working
This position sits in the community of Orange, a part of the Western NSW Local Health District. Orange is a city renowned for its food and wine festivals, beautiful parks and gardens, walking trails and cycling tracks, sports venues and community engagement. For more information on living and working in our beautiful region, visit our website Western NSW Health Careers.
What you'll be doing
The Clinical Psychologist provides a professional and independent application of evidence-based psychological procedures involving the adaptive utilisation of treatment and assessment techniques to a range of behavioural, emotional, addiction, psychosocial and health problems in order to collaboratively support recovery and quality of life goals.
To apply, please address the following Selection Criteria
- Successful completion of a Master’s Degree or higher in Clinical Psychology. Current Authority to Practise as a Psychologist with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) with an Area of Practice Endorsement in Clinical Psychology or is eligible to be a Clinical Psychology Registrar.
- Demonstrated effective written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work as a member of a multidisciplinary team and show clinical leadership within their clinical area of work.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively prioritise and organise own work.
- Demonstrated commitment to evidence based and ethical psychological practice.
- Demonstrated capacity to provide evidence based psychological procedures involving the adaptive utilisation of treatment and assessment techniques appropriate to the client presentations of the service.
- Ability to provide clinical supervision to psychologists
- Current licence to drive in NSW with the ability to travel for work purposes.
Need more information?
- Click here for the Position Description
- Find out more about applying for this position
- For role related queries or questions contact Tracey Rankine on Tracey.Rankine@health.nsw.gov.auor (02) 6369 7232
Occupational Assessment, Screening and Vaccination Against Specified Infectious Diseases
If you are applying for a Category A position, please read and understand NSW Health Policy Directive PD2018_009. All new employees must agree to comply with the requirements outlined in this policy.
NSW Health follows a merit-based recruitment and selection process per Policy Directive PD2017_040. To be considered for this position, please ensure you address the selection criteria as thoroughly as possible. For guidance with the application process, please visit: http://bit.ly/WNSWLHDApplicationSupport.
The Stepping Up website aims to assist Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander applicants understand how to apply for roles with NSW Health by clarifying the recruitment and onboarding process. For more information, please visit: http://bit.ly/WNSWLHDSteppingUp.
Applicants holding a visa with working rights may be considered for temporary appointment (up to the expiry date of their visa) where no suitable applicant for permanent appointment is identified.
If the selection panel identifies more than one suitable candidate for the role, an eligibility list may be created from which these suitable candidates may be chosen and directly offered employment in other similar roles (permanent and temporary) in the near future.
Connect with us on Facebook and LinkedIn.