Practice Nurse/Mental Health Nurse/Case Manager - Wallerawang, NSW
Practice Nurse/Mental Health Nurse/Case Manager – Wallerawang, NSW
Dr S Kamalaharan and Associates (integrated primary health care) is a living model of a medical system transformed, providing health services in a primary setting. We are an accredited general practice, an accredited occupational rehabilitation provider (since 1992), accredited with NDIS as a provider of services and Specialist Occupational Health Service. Our practice is a well-established and well-respected multidisciplinary team in Wallerawang, NSW, strongly committed to holistic medicine where the body, mind and spirit are seen as indivisible and interconnected. We provide a unique holistic occupational and rehabilitation service (over past 28 years) to the Lithgow coal mining industry. Approximately 600 miners and their families utilise our service.
Our areas of expertise are adult rehabilitation especially musculoskeletal, occupational rehabilitation, mental health, drug and alcohol, pain management, and aged care.
Central to our approach to healthcare is treating each individual patient holistically through a bio-psycho-social model of care and collaborating as a team to achieve the best possible outcomes for each patient. Our patients range in age from children to the elderly.
The team is also embarking on an exciting social justice program setting up a model of transformation to respond to the issues facing the communities (occupational rehabilitation, and mental health issues affecting the paediatric population and adolescents, including suicides, to the mental health of the elderly population) in the greater Lithgow area. If you dream of a better world and see a role for yourself in achieving it, are passionate about making a difference, committed to prevention and healthy living, and working to create a futuristic society as it should be rather than what is, this could be a fantastic opportunity for you!
About the Role
You will be required to work as a case manager, in a team setting, bringing your individual expertise as a Practice Nurse in an integrated primary care setting.
- Current registration & insurance
- Possess good computer skills (required for computer-based management plans & assessments)
- Excellent organisational & time management skills
- Possess a good command of English (both oral and written) and also great communication skills with all clinical and administration staff.
- Reliable and sincere
- Able to work as part of a team as well as independently when required.
- Previous experience as a Practice Nurse is preferred however we will provide training to the successful applicant if required.
- Knowledge of clinical software (Pracsoft or similar)
Duties include but not limited to:
- Case management
- Chronic Disease Management (including completion of Care Plans/EPCs & Health Assessments)
- Childhood Immunisations
- Adult Immunisations
- Wound Care
- Maintain computerised Recalls/Reminders
- Patient Education
- General practice nurse duties, or as delegated by Practice Principal/Manager
The salary will commensurate with previous experience and skill level.
We offer Flexible hours to suit you in a professional and supportive work environment. Please email your CV and a cover letter to Therese Daubaras (email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org) by 5 October 2018.
APPLICATIONS OPEN NOW!