Occupational Therapist - Inverell or Narrabri
Occupational Therapist - Narrabri or Inverell
The Logistics Health team are energetic, fun and very devoted to their roles and each other. We are currently looking for a like-minded applicant who is a team player and who can bring new ideas and motivation.
Inverell is nestled in a picturesque valley beside the Macintyre River of NSW. This New England North West region is renowned for its proud pioneering history, its beautiful restored buildings, and the production of many fine gemstones from which Inverell has earned the epithet of ‘Sapphire City’.
There is always plenty to see, do and experience, with both visitors and locals being able to enjoy a wide range of unique opportunities. The city and its surrounds offer boutique shopping, cultural endeavours, outdoor adventures, natural splendours, and more. There are many hidden gems just waiting to be discovered at Inverell.
Situated in the heart of the rich Namoi Valley in North West NSW, Narrabri is renowned for the production of high quality wheat, cotton, sheep and beef as well as mining and several research facilities.
One glimpse of a clear night sky will leave you with no doubts as to why this region is known as “Big Sky” country. The seemingly endless horizons have facilitated the growth of the CSIRO Australia Telescope Compact Array, whose six radio telescopes are gleaming beacons of scientific advancement. The natural wonder of the Mt Kaputar National Park will keep even the most reluctant of bush walkers enthralled.
Add historical museums, Yarrie Lake, artesian bore baths and art shows to this mix along with a variety of local business and a welcoming local community, you’re guaranteed a satisfying tree change in Narrabri Shire for you, and all the family.
About the role:
The roles of the Occupational Therapist include:
- Working with all age groups, predominantly children and clients with intellectual disabilities
- Equipment prescriptions for mobility, self care and home modifications
- Workers compensation rehabilitation services
- Workplace Health & Safety (WHS), applications of ergonomics, health assessments and training opportunities
- Includes some administrative duties
If you have an interest in mental health, there is an exciting opportunity to develop your skills working on a new project along with mental health clinicians in 2018.
We have outlined a summary of what the position's Essential Criteria includes along with B) Optional Criteria.
- Position is Full-time (based on a 38 hour week)
- Ability to travel away from Narrabri and 1 - 3 hour radius and stay overnight
- AHPRA Registration (current) or working towards and requiring supervision
- Current Australian Driver Licence
- Reporting and or supervised by OT – Emmy Baert and Company Advisor – Meredith Chapman
- Multi-skilled role – Primarily OT and secondarily health monitoring, pre-employment assessments, WHS training, ergonomics, vocational rehabilitation, customer and client liaison and marketing
- Have a keen interest in working with children and adult disabilities
- Be able to manage with support a full case load as a member of our OT team
- Be a focused team member
- Ability to work unsupervised and maintain an active work performance
- Personality traits required– self-motivation, enthusiastic, punctual, passionate about helping others and the community. Open, honest and focused on developing as a part of a team not just for self. Think 'outside of the box'; be willing to extend yourself and go beyond for your clients and the team. Flexibility to cope with change and have independent skills.
- Communication skills required – excellent expressive, receptive communication/feedback and be approachable with excellent written and oral skills,
- Organisational skills – good time management, follow directive and procedures. Working towards an ability to work independently.
- Preferred placement in private practice and rural Australia
- Interest in country life, and seeking rural experiences
- Preferably have 1+ year of experience as an OT, however new graduates and overseas applicants will be considered
- Enjoy social team activities and events
All enquires to:
Ph: 0429 926 364
Support to go rural
The NSW Rural Doctors Network (RDN) can help make the move to rural practice through the Australian Government Rural Health Workforce Support Program. The Program aims to increase access to quality primary care for rural and remote populations by growing and supporting the rural health workforce.
We may even be able to offer you financial support if you are moving to a more rural location. For more information please visit www.nswrdn.com.au
Support to study
The Health Workforce Scholarship Program supports upskilling of rural allied health professionals, nurses, dentists, doctors and Aboriginal Health Workers. For more information please call 02 4924 8000.
APPLICATIONS OPEN NOW!
START DATE: 14 January 2019