Registered or Endorsed Enrolled Nurse - Orange, NSW
Registered Nurse/Clinic Practice Nurse
Orange Aboriginal Medical Service
- Full time
- 40 hours week Monday to Friday 8.30-5.00
- RDO once a month
Orange Aboriginal Medical Service (AMS) is a community owned organisation funded by both the state and federal governments. We cater for the general practice and allied health needs of our local indigenous and non-indigenous population.
We are currently seeking TWO enthusiastic Registered Nurses to work in a permanent capacity as part of our nursing team. An Endorsed Enrolled Nurse with the capacity to administer immunisations will also be considered. This role involves providing assistance to our doctors, patients and working collaboratively with our friendly staff members.
Orange AMS has been providing medical & primary health care services to the Orange community since February 2005. We are dedicated to closing the gap. Orange AMS employs over 50 staff including doctors, nurses, dentists, Aboriginal health workers, managers, administrative and clerical staff and transport officers. We have visiting and allied health and specialists attend the service on a regular basis. Our service is well equipped and provides a comfortable and spacious environment to work in. Our medical facility has seven clinic rooms, a large treatment room and staff facilities. We have culturally supportive staff offering support for a culturally diverse workplace. These roles include working closely with the Practice Manager and Clinical Team you will provide nursing support to OAMS GPs and clients.
Orange is an easy 3.5 hour drive from either Sydney or Canberra, with connecting flights from Sydney to Melbourne and Brisbane, as well as train and bus transportation options available daily. In Springtime, Orange turns green and gold with the bud-burst of our parks and gardens. There is nothing quite like the brilliance of our canola fields illuminating the countryside. We enjoy warm days and cool nights, taking in the smells and sights of our region. During spring we celebrate our local cool-climate wines during the annual Orange Wine Festival. Orange, Wiradjuri Country, has something to offer everyone.
To be successful in this role you will need the following attributes -
- Well presented
- Friendly, caring and compassionate nature
- Strong work ethic and proactive nature
- Excellent communication skills
- Attention to detail and efficient work manner
- Ability to prioritise tasks and responsibilities
- Ability to work individually and collaboratively
- Compliance with privacy, confidentiality principles and Company policies and procedures
- Commitment to ethical behaviour and conduct
- Be culturally aware
To be successful in this role you will meet the following criteria and have:
- Minimum two years’ experience as Registered Nurse in a general practice setting
- Current RN registration, Division 1 with AHPRA (or EEN)
- Immunisation certified
- Ability to effectively manage patient bookings, recalls, reminders and electronic clinical records
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate with and relate to people from all walks of life and with different cultural backgrounds
- Good problem solving and negotiation skills to enable the resolution of difficult or complex issues, with excellent organisational skills and a high level of attention to detail
- Current knowledge and experience of immunisation schedules, chronic disease management, enhanced primary care item numbers, infection control, CPR and emergency resuscitation techniques
- Demonstrated care plans and health assessment experience as well as triage and wound management
- Experience with accreditation
- Proven experience working well in a team environment
- Possession of a current ‘C’ Class Open Driver’s Licence valid in NSW is required
- Current First Aid and CPR Certificate
- Current NSW Working with Children’s Check
- Current Criminal History check
- Proof of vaccination must be provided upon acceptance of appointment
A role at Orange AMS allows you to enjoy additional benefits including access to salary sacrifice reducing your tax burden, Fitness Passport for reduced fees to access the health benefits of a gym and no after hours or weekend work to interfere with your family and social life. If you are inspired to make a positive difference and want to help close the gap and if you would like to be considered for this opportunity you can submit your resume AND a cover letter addressing the criteria by clicking ‘Apply Now’.
Applications will remain open until the positions are filled