Practice Nurse - Grafton, NSW
Bulgarr Ngaru Medical Aboriginal Corporation
Bulgarr Ngaru Medical Aboriginal Corporation (BNMAC) Clarence Valley is looking for a motivated Practice Nurse to join our team in Grafton NSW. Part time and full time work options available.
About the role:
The Registered Nurse will take a proactive role to assist clients to address health issues in a holistic way at BNMAC’s Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Service. BNAMC endeavours to take a proactive approach working with local communities to raise awareness of health issues and to develop and implement intervention strategies in the treatment of chronic conditions. The role requires a collaborative approach with the doctors and health workers to develop educational and intervention programs that address the contributory factors to wellness and empower clients to put in place a strategy that will improve their overall health and sense of wellbeing.
- This position reports directly to the Practice Manager of BNMAC Clarence Valley.
- Responsible to the Chief Executive Officer of Bulgarr Ngaru Medical Aboriginal Corporation (BNMAC) and through him to the Board of Directors.
Please note this is not an Aboriginal Identified position however Aboriginal people are encouraged to apply.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate sensitively and effectively with Aboriginal people
- Registered Nurse with at least 3 years’ experience.
- Interest and experience in working with Aboriginal people and an understanding of the societal factors that influence Aboriginal health issues.
- Good organisational and time management skills.
- Ability to develop and follow a workplan and to work unsupervised
- Good communication skills with the ability to build a rapport with Aboriginal clients.
- Highly developed liaison skills with the proven ability to build good working relationships with service providers in the health field.
- Computer literacy.
- Able to work as part of a team multidisciplinary team in a community health environment.
- Current valid driver’s license, minimum of Class “C” or equivalent
- Current First Aid Certificate, or ability to obtain
- National Police Check and NSW Working with Children clearance
- Previous experience in an Aboriginal Community Controlled Organisation or in General Practice
- Immunisation Certificate and /or Women’s Health qualifications
- Knowledge of and experience with Practice Incentive and Service Incentive Payments including Health Assessments, Care Plans, Diabetes Cycles of Care and Asthma programs would be well regarded.
We encourage and thank all applicants for their time, however only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Don't miss the opportunity to be a part of this motivated and passionate team of health professionals. Please submit your CV and Cover Letter addressing the selection criteria in the application form below. If you would like to have a confidential discussion about this role, please contact NAH@nswrdn.com.au
Closing date:21 August 2020