Exercise Physiologist and Occupational Therapist - Narrabri
Exercise Physiologist and Occupational Therapist
The Logistics Health team are energetic, fun and very devoted to their roles and each other. We are currently looking for a like-minded applicant who is a team player and who can bring new ideas and motivation.
Situated in the heart of the rich Namoi Valley in North West NSW, Narrabri is renowned for the production of high quality wheat, cotton, sheep and beef as well as mining and several research facilities.
One glimpse of a clear night sky will leave you with no doubts as to why this region is known as “Big Sky” country. The seemingly endless horizons have facilitated the growth of the CSIRO Australia Telescope Compact Array, whose six radio telescopes are gleaming beacons of scientific advancement. The natural wonder of the Mt Kaputar National Park will keep even the most reluctant of bush walkers enthralled.
Add historical museums, Yarrie Lake, artesian bore baths and art shows to this mix along with a variety of local business and a welcoming local community, you’re guaranteed a satisfying tree change in Narrabri Shire for you, and all the family.
Logistics Health - Safety in Focus are Allied Health & Safety professionals servicing rural NSW for more than 20 years. Their deep knowledge, extensive experience and ‘can-do’ attitude helps people in rural businesses and communities achieve Workplace Health and Safety compliance, recover from injuries and illness, and strive for optimal health and wellbeing.
From their central location in Narrabri NSW, they work together as Logistics Health – Safety In Focus to provide Workplace Health and Safety services, Rehabilitation and Occupational Therapy both locally and throughout Australia. AND their new fully equipped Mobile Health Unit deploys to remote, rural, regional and metropolitan areas to provide prompt and efficient on-site medicals and health monitoring services. They are currently looking for a motivated and dedicated Exercise Physiologist and an Occupational Therapist to join their team!
About the role:
The roles of the Exercise Physio and Occupational Therapist include:
- Working with all age groups, predominantly children and clients with intellectual disabilities
- Equipment prescriptions for mobility, self care and home modifications
- Workers compensation rehabilitation services
- Workplace Health & Safety (WHS), applications of ergonomics, health assessments and training opportunities
- Includes some administrative duties
- Position is Full-time (based on a 38 hour week)
- Ability to travel away from Narrabri and 1 - 3 hour radius and stay overnight
- AHPRA Registration (current) or working towards and requiring supervision
- Current Australian Driver Licence
- Reporting to Operations Manager Dayle Gillard and supervised by an OT if supervision is required
- Multi-skilled role – Primarily EP and OT and secondarily health monitoring, pre-employment assessments, WHS training, ergonomics, vocational rehabilitation, customer and client liaison and marketing
- Have a keen interest in working with children and adult disabilities
- Be able to manage with support a full case load as a member of our team
- Be a focused team member
- Ability to work unsupervised and maintain an active work performance
- Personality traits required– self-motivation, enthusiastic, punctual, passionate about helping others and the community. Open, honest and focused on developing as a part of a team not just for self. Think 'outside of the box'; be willing to extend yourself and go beyond for your clients and the team. Flexibility to cope with change and have independent skills.
- Communication skills required – excellent expressive, receptive communication/feedback and be approachable with excellent written and oral skills,
- Organisational skills – good time management, follow directive and procedures. Working towards an ability to work independently.
- Preferred placement in private practice and rural Australia
- Interest in country life, and seeking rural experiences
- Preferably have 1+ year of experience as an EP/OT, however new graduates and overseas applicants will be considered
- Enjoy social team activities and events
Support to go rural
The NSW Rural Doctors Network (RDN) can help make the move to rural practice through the Australian Government Rural Health Workforce Support Program. The Program aims to increase access to quality primary care for rural and remote populations by growing and supporting the rural health workforce.
We may even be able to offer you financial support if you are moving to a more rural location. For more information please visit www.nswrdn.com.au
Support to study
The Health Workforce Scholarship Program supports upskilling of rural allied health professionals, nurses, dentists, doctors and Aboriginal Health Workers. For more information please call 02 4924 8000.
APPLICATIONS OPEN NOW with immediate start for the right candidate