Speech Pathologist - Inverell, NSW
Do you want to make a significant difference to someone else’s life?
Are you looking for something unique to put on your CV?
Professionally Rewarding Position!
- Vital Health has been a registered NDIS Provider for nearly 5 years
We have an exciting opportunity for a Speech Pathologist to join the Vital Health Team in Inverell!
Our passion is connecting clients to services they would otherwise have limited access to. We are also passionate about connecting you to our community and enjoying your rural experience.
Nicknamed the Sapphire City, Inverell is in the heart of gemstone country in the New England region of NSW. Try your luck fossicking for sapphires and other gems near this elegant town on the banks of the Macintyre River. Inverell has an exciting social culture with team sport competitions, many social events including races, balls and festivals. Lake Inverell Reserve is a popular spot for picnics, BBQs and fishing. A scenic drive north is Kwiambal National Park, where there are more bushwalking tracks, as well as mountain bike trails and top spots for fishing and camping. Try river fishing on the Slippery Rock walking track.
About Vital Health
The Vital Health Team are passionate about improving rural, remote and Indigenous access to health services. We believe in innovation and encourage community engagement. Our team members enjoy living and working in rural communities.
Vital Health has 9 Centres across Queensland and Northern New South Wales. Currently there are 50+ professionals employed across the following allied health disciplines - Physiotherapy, Exercise Physiology, Dietetics, Speech Pathology, Occupational Therapy, Podiatry and Massage Therapy. Vital Health also provides Sleep Health services. Vital Health is a NDIS Registered Provider.
About the Role
Being advertised is a full-time Speech Pathologist position. The successful applicant will bring a passion for improving rural, remote and Indigenous access to health services to the role. He/She will have highly developed interpersonal and communication skills, organisational skills and problem-solving skills.
Equally with an extremely varied caseload you will get a rich clinical experience too with all sorts of clients (NDIS, ATSI, Paeds, Adults, Aged Care, Developmental S+L, Literacy, Language and Communication (inc ACC), in clinic and in community – contact us to find out what other interesting clients we have seen!)
You will be supported by Experienced Senior Clinical Team Members and a well-appointed Administration Team.
A flexible working schedule/contract can be discussed – please contact our HR Team on the details below with any questions.
- Provide high quality assessment and intervention services for a paediatric (including – speech, language, voice, fluency, literacy, feeding), and adult (dysphagia based) caseload.
- Work under unique 'Vital Paediatrics' program in a multidisciplinary setting with an Occupational Therapist & Physiotherapist.
- Work alongside other allied health professionals in the Vital Health Team, including: Dietitian, Exercise Physiologists, Massage Therapist, Occupational Therapist, Mental Health Clinicians and Physiotherapists.
- Work within a variety of services delivery settings including – medical centres, schools, kindy's, Vital Health Centres.
- Prepare and present information sessions for educators, parents and/or other professionals.
- Participate in regular professional development, internally with Vital Paediatrics and whole- of-clinic teams.
- Provide services under the NDIS – including assessment and management of AAC.
- Engage in regular supervision and clinical support from Senior Speech Pathologist.
- Possibility to travel to smaller towns to provide services (all travel expenses covered).
- Comprehensive New Grad Program
- Internally facilitated professional development with Senior Speech Pathologist, peer support and learning opportunities with other senior professionals.
- $10,000 Annually available for External Professional Development.
- Relocation costs negotiated
- Self-motivated individuals can increase their income with incentives
- Career Development Pathways
Don’t miss the opportunity to join this highly motivated team! Please attach a current CV and Cover Letter addressing the essential criteria in the application form below. If you have any questions or would like to have a confidential discussion about the role, please contact the Nursing and Allied Health team at RDN on 02 4924 8000.